Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Wine, Sustainability & Sales
Being successful in business has long ceased to depend on product quality alone. Globalization, the opening of new markets, climate change, as well as changes in customer behavior are just a few examples of the areas that require sustainable business management. Those who want to be successful both domestically and internationally have to be able to recognize and analyze opportunities in the marketplace – and seize on them with a sustainable approach.
Our part-time master program prepares you to navigate your business sustainably into the future!
- Academic degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Focus: Wine, Sales, Sustainable Management
- Part-time program in Germany
- Program length: 2 years / 4 semesters
- Language: English (certain exams can be completed in German upon request).
- Maximum number of participants: 20.
- Semester begins: September 1st.
- Degree program begins:October/November.
- Lecture period: Blended Learning and on-campus presence in semesters 1–3. Master’s thesis is written and defended during the 4th semester.
- Normally 2 week-long block sessions per semester, from Monday–Saturday.
- Tuition fees: 14,000€ for EU students; 19,000€ for non-EU students.
- Tuition fees to be paid per semester (i.e. 3,500€ or 4,750€, respectively). In addition to this, students also must pay the semester fee for the Ludwigshafen University of Business and Society. Check out the early bird conditions!
- Costs for travel, meals, and accommodations not included.
We are glad to provide you with individual advice on the program. Please don't hesitate to contact us for support.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) Wine, Sustainability & Sales provides an internationally oriented program of study for working professionals, focusing on sustainable management and sales concepts. Problem-solving strategies and business methods are taught using real-world examples.
In addition to the classic business administration content of a traditional MBA, the program places a focus on sales, as well las environmental, social, and economic sustainability. Students also receive intensive instruction in the latest developments in the international wine market, consumer research, and sensory analysis of wine. At the same time, students also become well acquainted with the world of international wines, their special features, and sensory characteristics. Check out the curriculum for details!
The Master’s program is targeted at both ex-perienced professionals from the wine industry, as well as those interested from related and non-related fields who want to develop professionally and learn how to help their companies compete sustainably in the international market.
The two-year, part-time program can be completed with only 36 on-campus days of attendance at Weincampus Neustadt – a flexible lecture schedule that allows students to continue working. To ensure the practical relevance of the educational program, students are taught with the latest findings from academic research and work with case studies and lectures on current topics from the business world in general and the wine industry in particular. Students bring a variety of perspectives from their own diverse backgrounds to the classroom, which enriches the educational experience and helps them build networks to expand their professional horizons.
Located in the heart of the German Wine Route, the Weincampus Neustadt with its modern equipment, idyllic location and the simultaneous proximity to German metropolitan areas is the perfect place for part-time studies with a focus on sustainable management and wine.
Have questions? Please get in touch with the program manager Ms. Janina Dorn ( janina.dorn@ 8< SPAM-Schutz, bitte entfernen >8 hwg-lu.de ) at the Weincampus Neustadt. She will be happy to answer any questions you may have and assist you in the application process.
Benefits of the program
- Work full-time and study part-time in convenient block sessions.
- Gain know-how in sales and sustainable business management combined with expertise in wine.
- Benefit from an international team of experienced instructors.
- Establish networks for personal and professional development.
- Focus on both research and practical application.
- Transfer your knowledge directly to your company through project work.
- Enjoy our individual guidance and support.
- Qualify for the MBA with a first university degree or with your relevant professional experience.
Presence dates for program start in winter semester 2019/20:
Presence week 1: 4 to 9 November 2019
Presence week 2: 20 to 25 January 2020
No on-campus presence during grape harvest and worklaod peaks in the wine business!
*Schedule might be subject to change.
Accreditation and Degree
The master program "MBA Wine, Sustainability & Sales" at Weincampus Neustadt was successfully accredited. The FIBAA (Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation) gave the quality seal according to the standards of the German Accreditation Council.
After successful graduation, the state-recognized Ludwigshafen University of Business and Society - University of Applied Sciences awards the internationally recognised degree "Master of Business Administration (MBA)".