Facts & Details on MBA Wine, Sustainability & Sales
Apply now and master your sales - sustainably!
Being successful in business has long ceased to depend on product quality alone. Globalization, the opening of new markets, climate change, as well as changes in customer behavior are just a few examples of the areas that require sustainable business management. Those who want to be successful both domestically and internationally have to be able to recognize and analyze opportunities in the marketplace – and seize on them with a sustainable approach.
Benefits of the program
- Work full-time and study part-time in convenient block sessions.
- Gain know-how in sales and sustainable business management combined with expertise in wine.
- International team of instructors.
- Individual guidance provided.
- Interactive teaching style with current, topical case studies.
- Focus on research and practical application.
- Well-established networks for further personal and professional development.
- Open to Bachelor degree holders and those with industry qualifications.
- Fully conducted in English.
- Direct knowledge transfer to the company through project work
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) Wine, Sustainability & Sales provides an internationally oriented program of study for working professionals, focusing on sustainable management and sales concepts. Problem-solving strategies and business methods are taught using real-world examples from today’s wine industry.
In addition to the classic business administration content of a traditional MBA, the program places a focus on sales, as wel las environmental, social, and economic sustainability. Students also receive intensive instruction in the latest developments in the international wine market, consumer research, and sensory analysis of wine. At the same time, students also become well acquainted with the world of international wines, their special features, and sensory characteristics. Check out the curriculum for details!
The Master’s program is targeted at both ex-perienced professionals from the wine industry, as well as those interested from related and non-related fields who want to develop professionally and learn how to help their companies compete sustainably in the international market.
The two-year, part-time program can be completed with only 36 on-campus days of attendance at Weincampus Neustadt – a flexible lecture schedule that allows students to continue working. On-campus weeks, which are run as workshops, take place during the first three semesters. In the fourth semester, students research and write their Master’s thesis. To ensure the practical relevance of the educational program, students are taught with the latest findings from academic research and work with case studies and lectures on current topics from the business world in general and the wine industry in particular. Students bring a variety of perspectives from their own diverse backgrounds to the classroom, which enriches the educational experience and helps them build networks to expand their professional horizons.
Located in the heart of the German Wine Route, the Weincampus Neustadt with its modern equipment, idyllic location and the simultaneous proximity to German metropolitan areas is the perfect place for part-time studies with a focus on sustainable management and wine.
Have questions? Please get in touch with the program manager Ms. Janina Dorn ( janina.dorn@ 8< SPAM-Schutz, bitte entfernen >8 hwg-lu.de ) at the Weincampus Neustadt. She will be happy to answer any questions you may have and assist you in the application process.
- Academic degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Focus: Wine, Sales, Sustainable Management,
- Program length: 4 semesters of study while working.
- Language: English (exams can be completed in German upon request).
- Maximum number of participants: 20.
- Semester begins: September 1st.
- Degree program begins:October/November.
- Lecture period: Blended Learning, with minimal on-campus presence in semesters 1–3. Master’s thesis is written and defended during the 4th semester.
- Normally 2 week-long block sessions per semester, from Monday–Saturday.
- Tuition fees: 14,000€ for EU students; 19,000€ for non-EU students.
- Tuition fees to be paid per semester (i.e. 3,500€ or 4,750€, respectively). In addition to this, students also must pay the semester fee for the Ludwigshafen University of Business and Society. Check out the early bird conditions!
- Costs for travel, meals, and accommodations not included.
We are glad to provide you with individual advice on the program. Please don't hesitate to contact us for support.
Presence dates for program start in winter semester 2019/20:
Presence week 1: 4 to 9 November 2019
Presence week 2: 20 to 25 January 2020
No on-campus presence during grape harvest and worklaod peaks in the wine business!
*Schedule might be subject to change.
Accreditation and Degree
The master program "MBA Wine, Sustainability & Sales" at Weincampus Neustadt was successfully accredited. The FIBAA (Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation) gave the quality seal according to the standards of the German Accreditation Council.
After successful graduation, the state-recognized Ludwigshafen University of Business and Society - University of Applied Sciences awards the internationally recognised degree "Master of Business Administration (MBA)".